Hall of Fame – 1976
Arno Arnold (1893-1970) was a bandoneon, concertina and harmonica builder from Carlsfeld, Germany. When Arno’s grandfather, Ernst Louis Arnold (ELA musical instruments) died in 1910, his sons Herman, Paul, and Alfred took control of the business. In 1911, Alfred and Paul started their own company and brought Paul’s son, Arno Arnold, into the business.
Arno Arnold became the sole managing director in 1933. They exported bandoneons to Argentina and the Carlsfeld Concertinas to the United States.
They stopped producing instruments in 1970; however the Arnold Company has since grown into a large corporation in Germany.