The World Concertina Congress elevates the image of the chemnitzer concertina and honors those who have labored unselfishly to produce, preserve and promote the instrument and the music it makes.
The World Concertina Congress was created in 1975 by a handful of chemnitzer concertina musicians and has grown over the years to include thousands of musicians and enthusiasts from around the world.
WORLD CONCERTINA CONGRESS – PURPOSE
The purpose of the WCC is to honor the living and to communicate the deceased who in time have labored and contributed unselfishly toward the production, preservation and promotion of the Chemnitzer Concertina and its diverse cultural music across the globe.
WORLD CONCERTINA CONGRESS – GOAL
The Goal of the WCC is to recognize, preserve, educate and provide live musical performance(s):
- To preserve and promote the diverse cultural music of those playing the Chemnitzer Concertina
- To elevate the image of the Chemnitzer Concertina as a musical instrument
- To provide students and the public with educational opportunities
- To promote the Annual Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- To recognize individuals / organizations for promoting the concertina with a Certificate of Appreciation
- To collaborate and partner with other Chemnitzer Concertina organizations and clubs
- To solicit donations, grants, and philanthropic awards to assure the perpetuation of the organization’s funds
- To research, document and disseminate information on the musical heritage of the Chemnitzer Concertina
Your free-will donation to the World Concertina Congress will help the organization achieve its purpose and goal. Use the convenient online payment option to make a donation today!
The World Concertina Congress is a non-profit organization of chemnitzer concertina enthusiasts established in 1975 and was officially organized and operated under and through the State of Michigan Department of Commerce on the 17th day of May, 1984 in conformity with Act 162, Public Acts of 1982 Lansing Michigan and incorporated as a 501(c) (3) registered charitable, non-profit organization on the 30th day of June, 2014 in the State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions under the 1997 Wisconsin Act 79.